Monday, March 10, 2008

Audio/Video Adventure

I visited all of the audio sites listed; Last.fm, Pandora, and IMEEM and the only one I was somewhat impressed with was the Pandora site. It was user friendly and I found what I was looking for immediately. I could see using this if you want some music in the background while working on the computer or perhaps trying to put together a CD of certain songs for storytime.

I thought the Gutenberg Project was very interesting -- I was able to take a look at some old Charlie Chapman films that you never see these days -- kinda fun and it makes you wonder what sort of things we will be archiving 50 years from now. They also had the complete Da Vinci Notebooks to download. This would have been useful to know a few weeks ago when a patron was looking for some of the drawings of Leonardo Da Vinci's inventions -- would have been nice to tell them about another option. Also the Universal Library was fascinating. I perused some of the Sherman Campaign writings -- this would be a great source for someone doing research because you have access to some great collections worldwide.

No comments: